Did you know there’s a super easy way how you can make your own wholesome and delicious chocolate candy? Take an almond, put it into a pitted date and bathe the date in melted dark chocolate. Yes – only three ingredients and three steps.
These dark chocolate almond dates is a perfect go-to snack and will satisfy your sweet tooth. I love to make a batch, so I always have some whenever the sweet craving comes.
Dates alone can be a quick, tasty and healthy snack. However, the almond and chocolate add a nice crunch and bitterness to achieve that perfect balance between the flavors.
Dried dates are rich in all essential minerals – iron, potassium, selenium, magnesium, copper, and phosphorus. Your body needs all of these minerals for a healthy functioning.
Also, dates are an excellent source of calcium which is essential for healthy bones and teeth. By including dates in your diet, you can reduce the risk of osteoporosis and tooth decay.
When all three ingredients come together – dates, almonds, and chocolate – you have an energizing, delicious and healthy snack.
To make dark chocolate almond dates, you’ll need:
- 1 bar (100g) of dark chocolate
- a cup of dates
- almonds (equals the number of dates you’ll use)
- If the dates are not pitted, pit them. When it’s done, put an almond in the middle of each date and lay them all on a baking paper.
- Now comes the chocolate part. Boil a small amount of water in a saucepan. Take a smaller saucepan, break the chocolate into smaller pieces and put in it. Place it over the larger saucepan with the boiling water in it. Be very careful to not get any water in the chocolate or it will seize up and you’ll have to start over again. Now watch the chocolate melting, help it by slowly stirring from time to time.
- When the chocolate has melted, gently pour it over your dates. I used a tablespoon and rolled the dates on the sides to cover up everything.
- Then let them cool down and your dark chocolate almond dates are ready to eat!